If you are a Project Manager with 3-5 years of project management and/or estimating experience in commercial/industrial building construction, we need you! Come work alongside other construction professionals in a fast-paced and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth and expansion of our progressive company and will benefit from career advancement.
AKRA offers attractive salaries, bonus & 401K plan, paid vacation, holidays and health insurance while providing a relaxed and family-centric company culture.
Considered Applicants will possess the following attributes and perform the following duties:
- 3-5 years of Project Management and/or Estimating experience in Commercial/Industrial building construction
- Strong communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Be familiar with job estimates, quantity and material take-offs, value engineering analysis, and feasibility studies
- Assist the Business Development team with the preparation of proposals and participate in team presentations as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients while best representing AKRA Builders’ values and business practices
- Manage all aspects of the owner contract, change orders, reporting requirements, etc.
- Establish and manage relationships with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors including but not limited to buyout, subcontract management, change orders, scheduling, etc.
- Work in unison with Field Management team to execute the project in compliance with Safety, Quality and Schedule requirements
- Create and maintain accurate project schedules
- Manage architects and engineers through the design process on design-build contracts
- Manage financial aspects of the project and coordinate with the accounting department including but not limited to invoice approvals, cost projections, reporting requirements, pay application management, etc.
- Ability to manage project management duties on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously
- Good working knowledge of commercial building construction practices
- Review and interpret drawings/specifications and ensure that criteria are being met
- Manage document control, reporting, and record-keeping throughout the life of the project
- Team-oriented individual with a positive attitude and continual desire for learning
Preferred consideration is given to:
- Self-motivated candidates with strong work ethic, detail-oriented, strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or other related fields
- Experience with Sage, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Procore and Office Suite a plus
- Experience with estimating and/or field management exposure
- Experience with Design-Build delivery method
- Experience with Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings