If you are an enthusiastic individual with a passion for learning and growing in the commercial/industrial building construction industry as a Project Engineer, we need you! Come work alongside other construction professionals in a fast-paced and exciting work environment. AKRA has succeeded in growing talent from within and that is evident from our list of long-tenured employees. You will have the opportunity to shadow other experienced Project Managers and Superintendents and receive practical real-world construction management experience. The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth and expansion of our progressive company and will benefit from personal growth and career advancement.
AKRA offers attractive salaries, bonus & 401K plan, paid vacation, holidays and health insurance while providing a relaxed and family-centric company culture.
Considered Applicants will possess the following attributes and perform the following duties:
- At AKRA Builders, Project Engineers are essentially junior or entry-level project management and estimating professionals
- 1-3 years of Project Management and/or Estimating experience in Commercial/Industrial building construction
- Current students or recent graduates of construction management programs also welcome to apply
- Strong communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Will assist Preconstruction Team with bid solicitations, subcontractor bid evaluations, quantity take-offs, schedule preparation, etc.
- Will assist Project Management Team with design coordination, submittals, RFIs, document control, subcontractor coordination, scheduling, change orders, and planning.
- Will assist Field Management Team with material procurement, scheduling, and coordination.
- General understanding of commercial building construction practices and terminology
- Review and interpret drawings/specifications
- Team-oriented individual with a positive attitude and continual desire for learning
Preferred consideration is given to:
- Self-motivated candidates with strong work ethic, detail-oriented, strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or other related fields
- Experience with Sage, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Procore and Office Suite a plus
- Previous experience with project management, estimating and/or field management exposure
- Understanding of Design-Build delivery method
- Understanding of Pre-Engineered Metal Building construction